So, it's Sunday night and I just found a lady bug in my apartment. Isn't that funny how you sometimes think you need a little luck handed your way and all of a sudden you come across that tiny little red bug. (If you don't know, ladybugs are a sign of good luck-or that's at least what my mom always told me :)) Anyway, what a weekend-since this is suppossed to be a way for everyone to catch up on my life-let me fill you in... Thursday night I went out to VA with some friends and ended up barely making it up for work on Friday morning. Luckily, a red bull at 4 on Friday kept me up for the co. happy hour, so I partaked in our biweekly Friday celebration which then lead a few of us downstairs to the infamous Brasserie Bar. I then ended up in VA again (Alaina, I'm in VA--inside joke) where two of my coworkers introduced me to Witlows. Interesting bar, however, due to the fact it was about 10pm the bar was filled with a lot more sober people than normally seen on a Friday. Oh well. I got home at a pretty decent hour -or as far as I thought I did as the red bull wore off and I ended up passing out.
Saturday-I knew I was in for a long night, so I slept most of the day. A few of my friends then went out to the 18th Street Lounge which is an extremely pretentious bar in Dupont Circle. Normally when I visit that bar I leave promising myself that it's not worth the 10 dollar cover and 15 dollar drinks, however, last night was great. I guess the secret to having a good time there is to predrink and then go with a few of your closest friends. We ended up getting to 18th street at about 10:45 and proceeded to be the first ones on the small dance floor. After a few drinks and an hour of dancing we met up with two guys who were enthralled with the fact that we got most of hte people in the club to dance. Needless to say they were even more stunned when I fell over the wire to the electric piano (the music was jazz-played by five older men). The casualities of my fall were my back and my foot, but hey, it was all in the name of fun. We (friends + I) were invited to an after-hours party in Dupont by one of the two guys we met. His apartment was beautiful!! His fiance (who was in NY) is an artist so all the furniture, pictures, etc had a lil dramatic/artistic flair to them. It was wonderful. I felt like I was visiting a modern-day museum. He then showed up the roof deck which we all hung out on till abouat 2:30 when everyone started yawning. (One of us was already passed out on the guy's sofa-and no, wasn't me!!) It was a great time!
I have to admit after days like that I crave more excitement. I guess I could say I'm obsessed-but hey, when you don't plan life you get into the best situations!
Saturday-I knew I was in for a long night, so I slept most of the day. A few of my friends then went out to the 18th Street Lounge which is an extremely pretentious bar in Dupont Circle. Normally when I visit that bar I leave promising myself that it's not worth the 10 dollar cover and 15 dollar drinks, however, last night was great. I guess the secret to having a good time there is to predrink and then go with a few of your closest friends. We ended up getting to 18th street at about 10:45 and proceeded to be the first ones on the small dance floor. After a few drinks and an hour of dancing we met up with two guys who were enthralled with the fact that we got most of hte people in the club to dance. Needless to say they were even more stunned when I fell over the wire to the electric piano (the music was jazz-played by five older men). The casualities of my fall were my back and my foot, but hey, it was all in the name of fun. We (friends + I) were invited to an after-hours party in Dupont by one of the two guys we met. His apartment was beautiful!! His fiance (who was in NY) is an artist so all the furniture, pictures, etc had a lil dramatic/artistic flair to them. It was wonderful. I felt like I was visiting a modern-day museum. He then showed up the roof deck which we all hung out on till abouat 2:30 when everyone started yawning. (One of us was already passed out on the guy's sofa-and no, wasn't me!!) It was a great time!
I have to admit after days like that I crave more excitement. I guess I could say I'm obsessed-but hey, when you don't plan life you get into the best situations!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home